Relocation Management Services
Caring and trustworthy concierge moving coordinators for businesses and families.
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
– Michael Jordan
Moving can be stressful. Let us help you make it happen!
Whether you are moving your home or your business, handling the details can be time-consuming and extremely disruptive. At Organizing Associates, we’re professional problem-solvers. We are not a moving company, but we offer a full range of relocation management services for families and businesses moving in the Gulf Coast region, including Alabama, Mississippi, and Northwest Florida. From start to finish, you’ll have a dedicated relocation specialist you can count on to not only answer your questions, but to proactively help you make the dozens of decisions that moving requires. We don’t overspend or overcharge and we answer the phone when you call. It all starts with pre-planning.
Pre-planning Your Business Move A – Z
When we say pre-planning, we mean it. One of our main objectives in working with you is to minimize the disruption to your ongoing business. We start by listening to you, then listing everything your office move requires, from start to finish. And the best part… you and your dedicated relocation specialist work together to determine which tasks you want to handle and which ones you’d like to delegate to us to make your life easier. Once we have a game plan, we’ll help you work the plan and stay on schedule to make your transition as seamless as possible. We’re also flexible, so if your available time changes or you get in over your head, we’re there as your backup with just the right people.
Most of the time, you’ll be moving into a bigger space that provides upgrades from your existing storage and warehouse space, more space for meetings, more offices, an updated employee break room, etc.
We also help businesses downsize when more of their employees are working from home. During our pre-planning sessions, you give us your vision and objectives and we gather the options and facilitate decision-making, all while you’re attending to your regular business. Whether it’s new furniture, new tech systems, construction details, choosing a moving company or any one of the many decisions to make, we can save you time and keep things moving forward.
Lee is an amazing and caring person. She handled my client with expertise, efficiency, but, especially kindness. She organized aspects of my client & family’s life that I was surprised & delighted that she did. So was my client. The move would have been so difficult for this family had it not been for Lee & her total attention to detail. And the client was so grateful…
Concierge Move Management for Your Business
All our office relocation services are offered a la carte and will be customized for your business. Here’s just a sample of what we offer:
- Organizing your assets: It’s far more efficient and cost-effective to decide what goes and what stays before you move. We’ll help you declutter and organize your business, and in the process, we’ll also determine how much space to create for those items in the new building.
- Working with the moving company: Not all moving companies are alike! Once we have a plan and a schedule for your relocation, we can begin the process of selecting a moving company. Again, we do as much or as little as you wish so you can keep working.
- Technology setup: Rest assured. When you move into your new space, all the phone lines, printers, audio-visual equipment, internet connections, etc. will be a priority. We can work with your IT team or bring in our experts.
- Packing. Unpacking. Organizing: Although we don’t do packing, we will be happy to organize items and spaces for the movers who do the packing, supervise, and label boxes as the moving company packs your things. Once in the new facility, we can help unpack, set up spaces, and place everything in the space where it is designed to go.
- Personnel: Some parts of the moving process will require more manpower than others. When we need more people for specialized tasks, we can have more team members brought in. Our aim is to complete your move seamlessly, efficiently, and on schedule while saving you time and money. Our team consists of quality, trustworthy, associates. We run full background checks and keep them current in our files.
Moving Your Home
Experts say that moving from one home to another is easily one of the most stressful things your family can experience. Because we’ve helped dozens of families do just that, we understand. Whether you’re upsizing, downsizing, moving across town or across the country, many of the steps are the same. Let us help take some of the stress out of your move with friendly, professional relocation services.
Pre-planning your Family Move
Most of us have very little experience with moving since we often stay in our home for years or even decades. It’s easy to become overwhelmed with all the details and decisions that need to be made while juggling the everyday activities of your life. When you hire us to help, your personal relocation specialist will start with a pre-planning meeting to ask questions and listen to your concerns. We list all the steps and together we make some decisions on how to handle each step. Are you building or buying? Have you sold your current home yet? Are you planning to move some items to storage? Do you need to discard, donate, or sell some items before your move? Let’s get all the issues listed. There’s often much more to it than just calling a moving company.
Do you already have an interior designer? Great! We love to work with designers/decorators, our work often intersects and can elevate the overall outcome.
“Lee….. I just left the job site and OMG the job you have done organizing all those clothes and things is absolutely mindboggling! Just had to tell you how great things look…”
Residential Move Management
“Change is a great and horrible thing, and people love it or hate it at the same time. Without change, however, you just don’t move.”
– Marc Jacobs
Every move is different but our years of experience means we can conquer the chaos for your family move. All our relocation services are a la carte and we pride ourselves on providing concierge-level moving assistance that matches your needs. Here are just a few of the ways we can help make your move as smooth as possible:
- Preparing to sell your home: If you haven’t yet sold your house, we can help you sort, declutter, arrange, and stage your home so that it shows well.
- Organizing your possessions: Since movers charge by the pound and the mile, deciding what to keep and move to your new home vs. what to discard, donate or sell is an important step that can have a huge impact on both the cost of your move and the ease of unpacking at your new home. We can help you make those sometimes difficult decisions room by room so you enter your new space clutter-free.
- Discard and Donate: Letting go of items that no longer serve you can be made easier when we find a home for them. We can also help you document those items for tax purposes.
- Appraise and Sell: When you’re donating items of higher value, we can have those items professionally appraised so you have documentation for your tax deductions. We can also help you sell them.
- Working with the moving company: Most movers offer a dizzying array of services you may or may not need. Let us help you sort through the variously-priced options and select the best mover for the job.
- Packing: Although we don’t offer packing, we often take pictures ahead of time and supervise the packers to make sure boxes are labeled with the room they are going to rather than just the location in which they were packed. When we get to your new home, this simple process can make all the difference in how quickly you get settled.
- Unpacking: We can also help you unpack and get everything organized so you can stop moving and start living in your new home. Some clients have us unpack and organize only their kitchens or craft rooms. Some have other choices. You decide.
- Professional team members: Sometimes we need to bring in additional team members for more time-consuming tasks. Be assured, they will be just as competent and caring as your relocation specialist.
I think of you often when I’m cooking dinner in the kitchen with how it is all organized! Thanks again for all of your help!!
Case #1- Home and office move due to a change in circumstances
We’ve helped several clients whose home and office situations have changed at the same time. For example, for a bachelor going through a change in his marital status, moving out of his family home where he had a home office, which could have been extremely disruptive to his business. OAI helped him relocate to a beautiful new condo that was large enough to also house his home office and several large pieces of furniture. Before the move, we assisted him in dividing the family possessions, by making lists of items he needed to replace, helping him shop for those items, and making sure they were all delivered on schedule. When moving day arrived, we were on hand to work the plan we had developed with him earlier. As professional organizers and move management specialists, we were able to completely revamp this client’s living and working situation with little actual disruption to his business.
Case #2- Downsizing to move into a senior care facility
We recently have had the privilege of helping an elderly couple move into an assisted living facility, which was far smaller than their long-time family home. Going through decades of possessions, all with precious memories attached and deciding what to donate, discard, sell, store or move was the biggest challenge. We have a number of gentle processes we use to help people make these decisions far more comfortably than you would imagine. After we set them up with a storage unit and carefully documented the contents, we also supervised their entire move because they had almost no experience with handling those details. After they moved, they were so much happier in their new maintenance-free home and settled in right away, making new friends and trying out all the new activities.
Connect With Us
We're here to help ensure you are organized and ready for whatever comes next.
Monday - Friday:
9 AM - 5 PM CT
Organizing Associates, Inc.
PO Box 8308
Mobile, Alabama 36689